Life Size Personal Protective Equipment Signs Welding + Safety Glasses
LIFE SIZE PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT WORKPLACE SAFETY SIGNS
This product is without a doubt one of our bestselling Personal Protective Equipment related workplace safety signs. Chosen by HS&E Managers throughout all industries for it high impact results and continued method of reminding employers and visitors of what PPE they should be wearing.
More impact than BS / EN workplace safety signs
This method of ‘in your face’ design attracts attention not only through its life size appearance but its use of an image of a real person, making it impossible walk past without noticing.
What is the importance of personal protective equipment?
The Importance of Personal Protective Equipment. … PPE is equipment that will protect workers against health or safety risks on the job. The purpose is to reduce employee exposure to hazards when engineering and administrative controls are not feasible or effective to reduce these risks to acceptable levels.
PPE is equipment that will protect the user against health or safety risks at work. It can include items such as safety helmets, gloves, eye protection, high-visibility clothing, safety footwear and safety harnesses. It also includes respiratory protective equipment (RPE).
Workplace Safety Signs
Employers must provide site safety signs if there is a significant risk that can’t be avoided or controlled in any other way, such as through safe systems of work or engineering controls.
There is no need to provide site safety signs if they don’t help reduce the risk or if the risk isn’t significant. This applies to all places and activities where people are employed.
Employers must, where necessary:
- use road traffic signs in workplaces to regulate road traffic
- maintain the safety signs they provide
- explain unfamiliar signs to their employees and tell them what they need to do when they see site safety signs
What is a safety sign?
The Regulations cover a variety of methods of communicating health and safety information. The terms used in the Regulations mean the following: (a) safety and/or health sign – a sign providing information or instruction about safety or health at work by means of a signboard, a colour, an illuminated sign or acoustic signal, a verbal communication or hand signal;
A sign which provides information or instructions by a combination of shape, colour and a symbol or pictogram which is rendered visible by lighting of sufficient intensity.
In practice, many signboards may be accompanied by supplementary text, eg ‘Fire exit’, alongside the symbol of a moving person.
Signboards can be of the following types: (i) prohibition sign – a sign prohibiting behaviour likely to increase or cause danger (eg ‘no access for unauthorised persons’);
(ii) warning sign
– a sign giving warning of a hazard or danger (eg ‘danger: electricity’); See products
(iii) mandatory sign
– a sign prescribing specific behaviour (eg ‘eye protection must be worn’); See our Jumbo Mandatory Signs
(iv) emergency escape or first-aid sign
– a sign giving information on emergency exits, first aid, or rescue facilities (eg ‘emergency exit/escape route’; (c) safety colour – a colour to which a specific meaning is assigned (eg yellow means ‘be careful’ or ‘take precautions’);
Symbol or Pictogram
– these appear in Schedule 1, although some variation in detail is acceptable provided the meaning is the same (examples of variations are included in BS EN ISO 7010). They are for use on a signboard or illuminated sign (eg the trefoil ionising radiation warning sign);
– a sign made of transparent or translucent materials which is illuminated from the inside or the rear to give the appearance of a luminous surface (eg emergency exit signs);
– a sound signal which is transmitted without the use of a human or artificial voice (eg a fire alarm);
– a predetermined spoken message communicated by a human or artificial voice;
– a movement or position of the arms or hands giving a recognised signal and guiding people who are carrying out manoeuvres which are a hazard or danger to people; (i) fire safety sign
Related Site Safety Sign Products
Life Size Personal Protective Equipment workplace safety signs